segunda-feira, 13 de janeiro de 2014

Quick, easy & low calorie Cinnamon-Apple French Toast

Hello everyone!
I was away all through the weekend but I needed to take some serious time to study because this is my finals season and things are getting though... (see, even being a musician I need to study hard!)

This morning I didn't go to the gym because today I have a very important and hard exam in a couple of hours but I woke up early anyway, made myself a generous nutritious breakfast and spent the entire morning and afternoon studying.


That's right: I made myself Apple stuffed Cinnamon topped french toast (and it was my first attempt ever at french toast)!
I wasn't even planning on posting it on here but it was so simple, easy and fast I thought I had to share it with you guys so I grabbed my camera real quick and took some shots of the result.


All you need to make these is an apple, 2 slices of bread, cinnamon, one egg, a little milk, and some optional Stevia sweetener to sweeten the apples and powdered sugar to sprinkle on top.
Oh and a pan and some baking spray (or any other kind of grease), obviously.
They take just about 10 minutes prepare and make and are super filling and taste amazing, I became a fan of french toast and am now looking for more variations to try it (if you have any ideas please let me know!) :-)


Here goes the recipe and nutrition:

Ingredients:
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 Tbsp of milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- 1 apple peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp of Stevia sweetener

How to make them:
- First start by heating your pan and greasing it and throwing in the apples and the sweetener and letting it simmer until the apple is soft and becoming brownish;
- Crack the egg into a deep dish and add in the milk and 1 tbsp cinnamon and whisk it all together;
- Drown both slices of bread into the egg mix very well until they are very soggy;
- Remove the apples from the pan to a dish and put the bread onto the re-greased pan;
- Cook the bread slices both sides until they are golden brown and remove to the dish;
- Place the apple in between the slices of bread, close the sandwich and sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon and the powdered sugar on top.

All done!


Macros (don't forget macros vary with brands and amounts!):
250kcal
33g Carbs
8g Fat
12g Protein

I like to enjoy them with a little skimmed milk and a lot of coffee to power up my studies but you can also try tea or just plain black coffee.


Hope you try them and enjoy them, let me know if you have any other french toast toppings and fillings ideas! 

Love,
Lu *



P.S.: Here's a preview of my next recipe.... Come back tomorrow!!


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário